The Geopolitics (TGP) welcomes your contribution. If you are interested in writing for us, please carefully read the following guidelines. We welcome article pitches and unsolicited manuscripts, and we review them on a regular basis. Please send your contributions to email@example.com.
TGP endeavors to become a primary source of journalism, analysis, and commentary on international relations, world politics and a wide range of issues of global importance. We feature the voices of promising academics, policymakers, and local writers from all over the globe. The Geopolitics was created by people who want to be informed and have a deep interest in a broad range of subjects, from history to economics, international development to global terrorism—and aim to make the magazine accessible to all.
- Commentaries are 750 to 1,500-word submissions that aim to provide a particular perspective or opinion on a subject. These submissions are the author’s personal (and informed) opinions.
- Analyses are 750 to 1,500-word submissions that provide a comprehensive, scholarly perspective on a particular subject. These articles do not convey the author’s personal opinions.
- Book Reviews are 800 to 1,200-word submissions that provide an objective review of a recent scholarly book. The book must have been published in the last two years and must represent a significant contribution to a field of study. We do not accept previously published book reviews.
- Rebuttals are 500 to 1,000 word commentaries on material that has been previously published in TGP. They should reflect an informed opinion or a contrasting scholarly analysis.
Editorial Guidelines and Policies:
- Please submit your contribution as a Word document (rather than a PDF). No other formats will be accepted.
- Use AP style for all submitted manuscripts. There are a number of free AP style guides available online.
- In-line hyperlinks are mandatory in acknowledging sources. Use either scholarly journals, credible periodicals and newspapers as sources. We fact check every article we publish.
- We will contact you only if we will accept your piece. If you do not hear from us within 10 business days, you may feel free to submit the manuscript to another publication.
- Please submit your article to only one publication. Please do NOT submit to multiple editors. This is a courtesy to TGP and the other publication as well.
- Plagiarism (even inadvertent) will not be tolerated. All submissions will be screened. Any published articles found that takes credit for someone else’s words or ideas will be removed.
- Avoid technical language or industry jargon. TGP believes in making big ideas accessible to all.
- Do not assume knowledge on the part of the reader. Not everyone is from the same place or has access to the same sources of information.
- Please submit your full name and title with a short biography (50 words maximum).